Traveling to a new place can be very exciting and adventurous. However, it’s important to
remember you are a foreigner in this unfamiliar environment, which can make you an easy
target for crime. If you have upcoming travel plans, here are helpful safety tips to keep in mind.
- Research your destination to learn about the safest places to stay and visit. Schedule
tours with reputable organizations.
- Avoid sharing your itinerary on social media, but keep your family and close friends
updated with your travel plans, especially if you are staying abroad.
- Refrain from using public WI-FI especially when accessing websites that house personal
- Avoid using public charging ports.
- Notify LAPFCU and your other financial institutions when you travel to avoid blocked
transactions as spending patterns change during trips.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Know where the local emergency agencies (hospital, police department, nearest
embassy or consulate) are in case of a critical situation.