Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union – Van Nuys, CA 91406
Reporting to the SVP, Operations & Member Relations/COO; the VP of Member Experience & Service will serve as a member of the executive management team. The VP of Member Experience & Service plays an instrumental role in driving value for our members and growth for the organization. This role requires passion for and experience empowering exceptional member service in the digital age; a strategic mindset capable of the disciplined prioritization crucial to transformative progress; a collaborative attitude that encourages the cross-functional cooperation imperative to success; and a people-centered approach that exemplifies LAPFCU’s core values and cultivates strong engagement within high performing teams. The VP of Member Experience & Service is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of business units to include Communications, Branch Network and Member Support (back office) while promoting service excellence.
An explicit focus on the day-to-day needs and experiences of members is necessary at every level. The VP of Member Experience & Service is responsible for maintaining healthy relationships with members, must be intimately familiar with every member touchpoint as well as how these touchpoints can be improved to make each interaction as frictionless and rewarding as possible. This means eliminating barriers and facilitating communication between departments and teams, developing strategies and goals for member retention, and collecting and analyzing member data. The VP of Member Experience & Service must be able to acquire and analyze member data which is integral to providing trustworthy and high-quality member experiences. This position is also responsible for the review, approval and implementation Member Focused Innovative solutions that will enhance the member experience.
Wage Classification: Exempt
Service & Operational Management
- Demonstrate and conduct prompt efficient, accurate, and courteous service to members both telephonically and in person.
- Assist personnel with work related matters. Act upon questions and solve problems within the scope of responsibility.
- Work closely with lending staff to keep informed of changes in policies and procedures and to ensure that branch personnel are well trained in lending functions.
- Ensure safekeeping and accurate maintenance of all member files and/or reports.
- Treat all Credit Union associates with professionalism, respect, and with dignity at all times.
- Direct and supervise multiple Branch Operations and staff.
- Direct and supervise the Communications department and staff.
- Work closely with manager who directly reports, evaluate their performance and develop their abilities to manage his/her areas. Direct the selection, training, counseling, and salary administration of this manager.
- Assist subordinates in administering, hiring, promoting, developing, disciplining, and terminating department associates according to Credit Union policies.
- Participate in the hiring process, the scheduling, training, assigning work, evaluating, and recommending discipline and discharge of subordinates.
- Develop and train staff.
- Conduct periodic coordination meetings with subordinate supervisors.
- Motivate staff to attain maximum productivity.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment for department staff.
Strategic & Financial Planning
- Develop and/or assist with the development of strategic positions for the Credit Union and establish quantifiable goals and objectives.
- Develop new policies and procedures for the branch network to remain competitive while maintaining a high level of quality service.
- Keep informed of market conditions and competitive interest rates to implement changes in the Credit Union’s rate structure. Revise departmental goals and objectives based on changes in market conditions and other factors. Reports competitive market rates and status to the ALCO and Executive Committees.
- Prepare and project branch and telephone center related budget statistics.
- Maintain a variety of contacts within and outside of the Credit Union to facilitate resolving problems, negotiating significant issues and agreements, and achieving other objectives.
- Develop new policies and procedures in the telephone center to remain competitive while maintaining a high level of quality service.
- Create and maintain written operational policies and procedures within guidelines established by the Board of Directors and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain corporate records and reports concerning branch and telephone center procedures and activities. Prepares necessary reports for the Board of Directors.
- Review operating policies, procedures, objectives, and goals for each area of responsibility to ensure that they support Credit Union policies and objectives as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Review various weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports generated by data processing, which reflects departmental as well as various account activities.
Product & Channel Management
- Develop and/or assist with the development of credit union products and services, as well as delivery channels. Keep current products and services updated in order to keep the credit union competitive within our marketplace.
- Determines our service strategy and ensures we offer a consistent experience to members across all delivery channels and touch points.
- Identifies a roadmap outlining how to close the gap between current state and future state with our service strategy. Identifies and recommends innovative solutions and process improvements to allow us to be agile to adjust as consumer preferences change.
- Works in close partnership with SVP of Operations & Member Relations to align delivery of all service, including branches, contact center and online banking channels.
- Ensure a uniform experience for members regardless of which channel they select, working in close partnership with the VP of Information Technology to integrate channels for seamless member experience.
- Measures effectiveness of each channel and identifies improvement opportunities to keep pace with technological advancements and evolving member expectations.
- Coaches, trains and develops staff to embody cultural values and brand expectations to create a consistent experience for our members regardless of the channel the member is using.
- Conduct projects and assignments as directed by the SVP of Operations & Member Relations.
- Perform special research assignments and project work as directed.
- Perform other relevant duties as needed or assigned
- 8 to 10 years of similar or related experience. Requires at least five years of progressively responsible operations and call center management experience in a financial institution.
- Thorough knowledge of credit union and/or financial institution operations, laws, regulations, technology, products and services required.
- Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field) and/or equivalent experience is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- If driving for company business, must have a valid California driver’s license and proof of current insurance coverage.
Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union is an “employer of choice.” Our highly engaged, talented, and dedicated team of associates are a huge factor in creating a fun and rewarding work culture, which lead to “Best Places to Work” awards every year since 2008. These honors have been local, regional, statewide, and national. We offer an exceptional total compensation package, unmatched by our competitors. Our average employee tenure is 10+ years.
Since 1936, our focus at LAPFCU has been serving the financial needs of the Los Angeles law enforcement community, their families and select law enforcement-related groups.
LAPFCU is a non-profit corporation owned by its members (shareholders) who elect a Board of Directors from our membership to establish policies, and who appoint a president to implement such policies. As a member-owned financial institution, LAPFCU has no stockholders or outside owners to answer to; we’re dedicated only to serving our members and providing them with superior financial services and products.
To enhance the quality of life for the Los Angeles law enforcement community and their families by serving as a trusted partner, providing rewarding financial solutions through exceptional service.
To learn more about Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union, please visit www.lapfcu.org.
Nothing in this job advertisement restricts the right of LAPFCU to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
LAPFCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. LAPFCU complies with the City of Los Angeles’ “Ban-the-Box” ordinance (aka The Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring).