Earn up to $500 per calendar year
when you refer immediate family members or coworkers1 to join LAPFCU.
For every qualified new member you refer, you’ll receive a $50 Visa® Reward Card2 and be entered in a sweepstakes for a chance to win a vacation voucher valued at $1,000. See OFFICIAL RULES below for odds of winning and other details.
Those you refer can receive a $100 Visa® Reward Card too!
Refer up to 10 new members to earn up to $500 and up to 10 chances to win!
To earn a $100 Visa Reward Card, newly referred members must:
- Join LAPFCU
- Open a free checking account
- Make monthly direct deposits or ACH credits of $250 or more
- Opt-in to e-Statements and e-Disclosures
Start referring today!
Refer online at lapfcu.org, via LAPFCU’s ReferLive mobile app, in person at any LAPFCU branch, or call (877) 695-2732 for more information.Refer Now
1Membership charter includes active and retired, sworn and civilian employees who work within the local police protection industry in Los Angeles County and their immediate families. Immediate family is defined as: spouse, domestic partner, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, step child, step parent, step-sibling, adopted child, legal guardianships: Domestic partnership eligibility is limited to a member’s domestic partner, as defined in LAPFCU’s Affidavit of Domestic Partnership; legal guardianship is defined by a court order.
2Current member and referred new member must be 18 or older. Referred new member must: (1) establish a new membership with LAPFCU; (2) open a new checking account; and (3) within 90 days of account opening: (a) complete one or more direct deposits or ACH credits of $250 or more per month and (b) enroll in e-Statements and e-Disclosures. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of your Reward Card after completing all requirements of this offer. Restrictions apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Please refer to referlive.com/lapfcu for complete details.
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- EACH SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY WILL HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL ENTRY’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Consumer Disclosure: Odds of winning are based upon the number of entries. Based upon the Credit Union’s estimate of 150 entries, odds of winning are:
Grand Prize: 1 in 150
- Sponsor: Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union (“the Credit Union”) is the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. The Credit Union’s business address is: 16150 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, California 91406.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins May 15, 2019 and ends August 31, 2019.
- Eligibility: Credit Union employees, officials, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. To qualify for the Sweepstakes, all entrants must be at least 18 years of age and a member in good standing. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Credit Union which are final with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law.
- Sweepstakes Entries: Ten (10) maximum entries per member. Members in good standing may receive an automatic entry to the sweepstakes when their referred friend, co-worker, or family member joins LAPFCU and completes the following requirements: (1) open a free checking account (2) make monthly direct deposits or ACH credits of $250 or more (3) opt-in to e-Statements and e-Disclosures. Requirements (2) and (3) must be completed within 90 days of account open. All other eligible persons may enter by legibly printing their name, address, daytime telephone and email address on a 3″ x 5″ card and mailing it in a #10 stamped envelope to:
Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union
“Rewards Referral Sweepstakes”
16150 Sherman Way
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Attention: Marketing Department
If a write-in entry form or card is drawn, but judges, in their sole discretion, are unable to determine the winner because of illegible writing, that entry form or card will be disqualified. No copies, mechanical reproductions, or metered mail accepted. Mail-in entries must be received by Thursday before each drawing date. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. The Credit Union is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, inaccurate, undelivered, delayed, misdirected, damaged, postage-due, or illegible entries or mail. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of the Credit Union and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Prize Drawings: The drawing for the Grand Prize will be held on November 29, 2019 at 10 a.m. at 16150 Sherman Way, Van Nuys, CA. All eligible entries received on or before midnight on August 31, 2019 qualify for the prize drawing. The winners need not be present and will be notified by phone on November 29, 2019 at 11 a.m. In addition, the winner will be announced online at www.lapfcu.org. Prizes must be redeemed by August 31, 2020. Prizes that are not claimed during the redemption period become property of the Credit Union [and may be used in a future Sweepstakes].
One (1) winner will be awarded a $1,000 vacation voucher or $1,000 cash. Vacation voucher is valued at $1,000 and restrictions may apply. Consult voucher provider for complete details. Voucher must be redeemed by August 31, 2020. The prize winner will be responsible for all expenses not specifically stated as part of the prize, including but not limited to, any taxes, service charges, delivery charges, income taxes, and insurance expenses. Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union is not affiliated with voucher provider or its affiliates. Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union does not represent either the third party or the user if a transaction is entered into.
- Liability/General Rules: The Credit Union is not responsible for any loss which may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes. Entrant agrees to hold the Credit Union harmless from any liability arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, receipt, possession, or misuse of the prize. The Credit Union and each of its officers, directors, employees, members, and representatives and agents are not responsible for any negligence, claims, liability, injury, property loss, or other damages of entrants and/or winners arising from, or in connection with, acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of the prize awarded or participation in this Sweepstakes. The Credit Union is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Sweepstakes. The prize cannot be substituted, converted to cash, assigned, or transferred by winners (unless otherwise stated in rules). The Credit Union reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the featured prize become unavailable for any reason. The Credit Union reserves the right to disqualify entrants who fail to follow these Official Rules or who make any misrepresentations relative to the Sweepstakes and redemption of the prize.
- Tax Issues: The Credit Union will report all prize winnings to the appropriate state and federal agencies as required by applicable law. Winners are responsible for all tax consequences (if any) of the prize.
- Publicity Authority: The winner agrees to permit the Credit Union to utilize his/her name and likeness in promotional and other Credit Union materials, without additional compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Credit Union in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to choice of law rules. 0419-25