Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union stands firm in its commitments to serve as a trusted partner and to improve the financial wellbeing of the law enforcement community. We are striving to provide solutions and assistance to our members facing hardships due to the pandemic. This includes offering options for managing your finances remotely, taking the necessary steps to promote the safety of our members and employees, and implementing programs that provide financial relief.
Announcements – July 17, 2021
• In compliance with an L.A. County Department of Health Order that went into effect at midnight on July 17, members are required to wear masks inside our branches.
• Learn more about the Child Tax Credit.
• Read about the third round of stimulus checks.
• Because staying at home limits opportunities to perform debit card transactions, we are not requiring members to perform a minimum of 10 monthly debit card transactions in order to qualify for June 2021 monthly Performance Checking or Cash Back Checking rewards. See full account details here.
• We allowed qualified members to defer their consumer loan payments for two months. See details.
• We allowed qualifying LAPFCU Visa credit cardholders may skip their minimum monthly payments for April and May 2020. Please note that finance charges will continue to accrue.
• We will work on an individual basis with members who request to make early withdrawals from share certificate accounts due to Coronavirus-related issues.
Due to a Van Nuys branch remodel, a temporary branch is available during regular business hours.
All branches are open during regular business hours, and we are frequently deep cleaning all LAPFCU facilities. As of June 15, 2021, to protect yourself and others from COVID-19, when visiting a branch, we recommend:
• Not entering if you are showing any symptoms of respiratory illness, including fever or cough
• Wearing a face covering if you are not fully vaccinated
• Maintaining a minimum distance of 6 feet from others
With many police station lobbies closed to the public, it may be difficult to access some of our ATMs. So, we are also temporarily waiving fees for using out-of-network ATMs. Please use our app to click here to locate your nearest CO-OP ATM.
Remote Banking Options
We have numerous ways you can bank with us from the comfort and safety of home.
• Mobile banking with our free app, available from all major app stores
• Online banking using your desktop PC or any device
• Book a virtual appointment with one of our helpful and friendly Associates
• CODE 3 touchtone banking at (877) 695-2732
• Call us at (877) 695-2732 or chat with us online
• Online loan applications and account opening
LAPFCU has several potential solutions for members facing financial difficulty in these unprecedented times. Please contact us to discuss any of the following options:
• Refinancing and debt consolidation
• Loan and credit card payment deferrals
• Investment services for questions and concerns about retirement and financial planning
• Free financial counseling including help with budgeting and debt plans
• Learn more about the IRS economic impact payments from our blog: Stimulus Payment FAQs, Second Stimulus Payment, Third Stimulus Check Information, Child Tax Credits.
• 8 Ways to Thrive During the Stay-At-Home Order
• Read up on the latest Coronavirus scams and increased phishing attacks and learn how to protect yourself on our blog.
• Information on the CARES Act and how it impacts you
Check our upcoming events here. Some LAPFCU events have been postponed, including pre-owned car sales and in-person financial education workshops.
Safe and Sound
LAPFCU is a safe, sound, and stable financial institution. We are well-capitalized, recently surpassing $1 billion in assets. Moreover, each individual LAPFCU deposit account is federally insured up to $250,000, backed by an additional $250,000 in private insurance.