Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union stands firm in its commitments to serve as a trusted partner and to improve the financial wellbeing of the law enforcement community, even in the face of the rapidly unfolding COVID-19 pandemic. We are striving to provide solutions and assistance to our members during this challenging time. This includes offering options for managing your finances remotely, taking the necessary steps to promote the safety of our members and employees, and implementing programs that provide financial relief.
Announcements – May 1, 2020
• View the recording of our free webinar on Managing Your Finances During COVID-19.
• We have temporarily closed our Santa Clarita branch. Our other branches remain open. Please see our remote banking options, below.
• We are allowing qualified members to defer their consumer loan payments for two months. See details.
• Qualifying LAPFCU Visa credit cardholders may skip their minimum monthly payments for April and May. Please note that finance charges will continue to accrue.
• Because staying at home limits opportunities to perform debit card transactions, we are not requiring members to perform a minimum of 10 monthly debit card transactions in order to qualify for March, April, and May monthly Performance Checking or Cash Back Checking rewards. See full account details here.
• We will work on an individual basis with members who request to make early withdrawals from share certificate accounts due to Coronavirus-related issues.
• In the interest of member and employee safety, and reduced member usage, we have temporarily closed our Santa Clarita branch. The ATM at this branch remains operational.
• All other branches are currently open during regular business hours, and we are frequently deep cleaning all LAPFCU facilities. Please note the following when visiting our branches:
• We ask that you do not enter our branches if you are showing any symptoms of respiratory illness, including fever or cough
• Please wear a mask at all times when inside
• Please maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from others
• We have limited the number of members who may be inside a branch at one time. Signs indicating maximum occupancy are posted at entryways
With many police station lobbies closed to the public, it may be difficult to access some of our ATMs. So, we are also temporarily waiving fees for using out-of-network ATMs. Please use our app to click here to locate your nearest CO-OP ATM.
Remote Banking Options
We have numerous ways you can bank with us from the comfort and safety of home.
• Mobile banking with our free app, available from all major app stores
• Online banking using your desktop PC or any device
• CODE 3 touchtone banking at (877) 695-2732
• Call us at (877) 695-2732 or chat with us online
• Online loan applications and account opening
LAPFCU has several potential solutions for members facing financial difficulty in these unprecedented times. Options may include:
• Refinancing and debt consolidation
• Loan and credit card payment deferrals; please call us to see if you qualify
• Investment services for questions and concerns about retirement and financial planning
• Free financial counseling including help with budgeting and debt plans
• Learn more about the IRS economic impact payment on our Stimulus Payment FAQs blog.
• 8 Ways to Thrive During the Stay-At-Home Order
• Read up on the latest Coronavirus scams and increased phishing attacks and learn how to protect yourself on our blog.
• Information on the CARES Act and how it impacts you
All LAPFCU events are currently postponed. This includes paper and electronic waste disposal, pre-owned car sales, and in-person financial education workshops.
• Our scholarship program application deadline is postponed since many schools are closed, and students are not able to obtain a copy of their official transcripts. We haven’t set a new deadline yet.
• LAPRAAC’s Baker to Vegas Challenge Cup Relay Race has been postponed.
Safe and Sound
LAPFCU is a safe, sound, and stable financial institution. We are well-capitalized, recently surpassing $1 billion in assets. Moreover, each individual LAPFCU deposit account is federally insured up to $250,000, backed by an additional $250,000 in private insurance.