To assist members impacted by the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union is automatically deferring your qualifying consumer loan payments for two months.*
There is no paperwork to complete – we will automatically adjust your payment due dates accordingly.
Please keep these very important items in mind:
- There is no fee for this service.
- To qualify, your loan(s) must have been obtained prior to January 1, 2020.
- Deferring your payments for two months will extend the term of your loan(s) by two months.
- Interest will continue to accrue on your loan(s) during the deferral period.
- All loans are eligible except for first mortgages and Visa® credit card accounts.
- If your loan payments automatically transfer from your LAPFCU savings account or checking account, we will automatically defer your payments, and then resume transfers after two months.
- If you have recurring payment transfers set up within PATROL Online Banking, you will need to cancel them in order to skip your payments. Log in to PATROL Online Banking and go to “Transfers” and select “View Scheduled Transfers.”
- Automated Clearing House (ACH) from another financial institution:
- If ACH funds from another institution are deposited monthly into your LAPFCU savings or checking account, then automatically applied to your loan payment(s), the funds will simply remain in your LAPFCU savings or checking account during the deferment period.
- If ACH funds from another from another institution are applied directly to your LAPFCU loan payment(s) each month, you’ll need to contact your other financial institution and ask them to defer your transfer(s). If a payment has already been made, please contact us so that we can reverse the payment back to your LAPFCU savings account.
Additional qualification restrictions apply. Please view your monthly account statement on our app or in PATROL Online Banking to verify that you qualified and received a deferment or contact us for more information.
If you do not wish to defer your payments:
Mail your loan payments to us.
Log in to PATROL Online Banking, our mobile app, or CODE 3 touchtone banking and transfer the funds from your savings or checking account to your loan account(s)
Call us at (877) 695-2732 and we will assist you with making the payments over the phone.
*The number of payments on the consumer loan(s) remains the same, and interest will continue to accrue. If you waive the April and May payment(s), the term of your loan(s) will be extended. All terms and conditions of original loan agreement remain in force. This offer excludes payments on mortgages (first trust deeds) and credit cards. The deferment is for two months in 2020 payment(s) only. If you previously elected credit life and/or disability insurance, your monthly premium will still be added to the loan(s) on the skipped month; however, coverage will not be extended beyond the original maturity date. Skipping a payment may void your GAP insurance during the month you skip and/or during the extended term of your loan(s). Please consult your insurer for complete details. If you have scheduled automatically recurring payments, you must log into PATROL Online Banking to adjust your scheduled payment date for the month you wish to skip. Otherwise, your payment(s) will still be deducted. If for some reason you do not qualify to skip a payment, you will be notified by LAPFCU. LAPFCU reserves the right to revoke this offer for any reason at any time including but not limited to: your loan is delinquent or upon knowledge of any legal proceedings such as bankruptcy.