Good news! We’re upgrading your debit card from Mastercard® to Visa®.
WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR NEW CARD:
- ACTIVATE YOUR NEW CARD IMMEDIATELY.
- UPDATE YOUR CARD INFORMATION with all merchants, service providers, or financial institutions that use your debit card for automatic payments.
- ADD YOUR CARD TO YOUR MOBILE WALLET for fast, convenient contactless payments.
Your old Mastercard debit card will be deactivated on the 2nd day of the month following receipt of your new card. Please securely dispose of your old card after successfully activating the new one.
YOUR NEW VISA DEBIT CARD IS SECURE AND CONVENIENT!
- Accepted virtually everywhere around the world, making your card convenient for all your purchases, whether at home or abroad.
- Advanced security features protect your transactions and personal information.
- Preferred for online shopping to ensure a smooth and secure checkout process.
VISA DEBIT CARD BENEFITS
- Dovly UpliftTM helps you fix, manage, and maintain your credit score and removes inaccuracies from your credit report.
- Norton LifeLock provides you with tools to quickly act on potential identity theft.
- Visa’s Zero Liability Policy helps protect you from unauthorized charges if your card is lost or stolen, plus continuous fraud monitoring.
Questions? Contact us: (877) 695-2732.
Q: Can I continue to use my Mastercard debit card until I activate my new Visa card?
A. Yes, temporarily. Your old Mastercard debit card will be deactivated on the 2nd day of the month following receipt of your new card. Please securely dispose of your old card after successfully activating the new one.
Q: When is the deadline to activate my new card?
A: We recommend activating your new Visa debit card as soon as you receive it, since your current card will be deactivated on the 2nd day of the month following receipt of your new card.
Q: What will happen to my automatic payments linked to my old Mastercard debit card?
A: You must update card information on file with merchants, service providers, or financial institutions where you use your debit card for automatic payments, to avoid payment interruptions.
Q: What if I have a joint account holder?
A: Joint account holders will receive their own new debit card separately and must activate it upon receipt.
Q: Why is my debit card changing from Mastercard to Visa?
A: The change from Mastercard to Visa is part of our ongoing efforts to provide you with enhanced features and smoother transactions with your debit card everywhere, including internationally.
Q: Will I still have access to my previous transaction history and statements?
A: Yes. You will retain access to your transaction history and statements.
Q: Are there any changes to the online and mobile banking services related to this transition?
A: No. Your online and mobile banking services will not change. You can continue to manage your accounts as usual.
Q: Will my checking account number change?
A: No. Your checking account number will not change; only the debit card number that is linked to your checking account has changed.
Q: How can I update my phone number or other contact information with LAPFCU?
A. You can update your contact information in our app or in online banking.
• In our app: Tap More > Settings icon > My Settings > Contact Information > Edit.
• In online banking: Go to My Settings > Contact Information > Edit.
Q: Why does my new Visa card have a different image than the one I selected?
A: You have received our default card image.